Will Firefox 3.6 be pushed?

Andy Blanchard zocalo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 00:31:55 UTC 2010

2010/1/22 Temlakos <temlakos at gmail.com>:
> Warning! Firefox 3.6 has been reported to create insurmountable problems
> for some publishers of Web content.
>
> The site involved is examiner.com. Independent contractors (of which I
> am one) report losing key features of the back-end publication tool, to
> the point at which they can't publish anything.
>
> If Firefox 3.6 is not stable, then I suggest not pushing it out until it is.

And we know that this is a Firefox 3.6 problem and not one with the
CMS for "examiner.com" because...?

I assume you've done the obvious things like trying a completely
clean, plugin free install of Firefox 3.6 and, unless the CMS is
completely specific to the site, checked to see if any other sites
that use the same CMS are also experiencing problems?  Have you
checked the Developers release notes at
https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Firefox_3.6_for_developers to see
whether any of the changes that have been made might be breaking your
CMS?

Not that a delay in pushing Firefox isn't a good idea if there were
any issues, but I suspect that a little more supporting evidence than
is contained in your post above would be required to warrant it,
especially given that it provides numerous desirable improvements such
as much faster JavaScript performance.

--
Andy

The only person to have all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe