F12: Latest Two Kernels Won't Boot

Oliver Ruebenacker curoli at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 20:38:04 UTC 2010

     Hello,

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 5:30 AM, N James Bridge <james at xmas.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-01-21 at 15:34 -0500, Oliver Ruebenacker wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>   When a few weeks ago the new auto-updated kernel would not boot,
>> used an older kernel, waiting for the next update. This was today, and
>> now the two latest kernels don't work. Booting stops after the Fedora
>> logo fills up white, after which it says (copying manually from
>> screen, whitespaces probably not correct):
>>

> This sounds like the bug described here:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F12_bugs#yumex-kernel-update
>
> You will need to uninstall the corrupted kernels and dependencies and
> then put everything back with yum, not yumex.

  I don't know anything about yumex. I usually use either yum from the
terminal or the graphical software update. In any case, used yum to
remove the latest two kernels and reinstall the latest one, but it
makes no difference. Not sure what you mean by "dependencies"?

     Take care
     Oliver

--
Oliver Ruebenacker, Computational Cell Biologist
Systems Biology Linker at Virtual Cell (http://vcell.org/sybil)