NVIDIA: no sound to TV via HDMI

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 00:33:25 UTC 2010

Since the NVIDIA forums are just a lost of time, I'll first ask the
question here.

I have an NVIDIA 9400GT card and a Sony LCD TV linked with an HDMI cable.

First problem I found: the S/PDIF cable -- which is needed only with
NVIDIA cards -- wasn't installed. The plug had a molding problem and
one of the 4 holes was blocked. (The hole was just empty: no wire
going to it.) I opened it with a pin, installed it with the arrow
facing the closest part of the motherboard, reversed it, and, of
course, sound doesn't come out of the TV. It's an Nvidia product!

Anybody got this working?