xorg version?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sun Jan 24 06:06:58 UTC 2010

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 22:53:28 -0700
Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> Perhaps:
>
> http://who-t.blogspot.com/2009/10/x11r75-released-but-what-is-it.html
>
> will help?

Nope :-).

Lots of 3rd party software has release notes that say things
like "you have to be running xorg 7.1 or greater", but that
article provides zero clues how to ask if I'm doing that.

It implies that maybe I could check the versions of all the
individual modules to see if they are all >= the collection
released with xorg 7.whatever, but the release notes for
the most recent 7.5 for example don't seem to document
the individual module versions anywhere, so I still have no
idea how to tell :-(.