NVIDIA: no sound to TV via HDMI

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jan 24 23:31:24 UTC 2010

Marcel Rieux wrote:

>> You have a Nvidia 9400GT "based" card.  Who is the card manufacture?
>> Gigabyte, MSI, ASUS, ZOTAC, ... ?
>>

> Asus.
>

>> What is the actual model number?
>>

> No idea. OEM package.

Is this a discrete card or is it embedded on the motherboard?

If it is a discrete card, can you remove it and really check?  I've had
Asus cards and the number was embossed on the card.  If it is embedded
on the motherboard then what is the model number of the motherboard.

What is the output of "lspci -v"?

>> FWIW, not all vendor/configurations are equal and features may, and do,
>> vary by product.
>>

> I checked Asus for my Twinview problem and there was only one message
> relating to Twinview and it had to do with DVI-D:
>
> ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- DVI-D doesn't work
> DVI-D works for me on my Sony Wega HDTV, with and without TwinView.
> Windows XP with VGA as primary CRT, DVI as secondary DFP. ...
> vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?SLanguage=en-us... - Cached
>
> I don't believe I'll fidn much on Asus' site. It's apparently not the
> forum where people go when they have problems.

Why are you talking about Twinview here when the subject is "sound"?
> I wonder how much Asus modifies the card and if it's not only
> relabeling for tax purposes.

Isn't that the point of my questions?

--
How simple things were when our Messiah was only a dream. -- STILGAR,
Naib of Sietch Tabr