Re: xorg version?

Arjun Pakrashi phoxis at rediffmail.com
Mon Jan 25 08:43:15 UTC 2010

Hello,
You could get the xorg version with the below command

$ Xorg -version

This gives details.

Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 10:02:09 -0800 (PST)
From: Patrick Bartek
Subject: Re: xorg version?
To: Community support for Fedora users

--- On Sat, 1/23/10, Tom Horsley  wrote:

> OK, I give up :-).
>
> How the devil do I ask the question "What xorg release
> am I running"?
>
> Every xorg rpm has completely different version numbers,
> and none of them look much like the xorg release numbers
> like 6.8 or 7.4 (or whatever they are up to these days).

I use yum to get version info when I can't get it otherwise.

yum info xorg*

will print out all xorg modules and their versions. I think you probably are looking for the xorg-x11-server-common version.

Phoxis
phoxis.wordpress.com