Will Firefox 3.6 be pushed?

Robert Nichols rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net
Tue Jan 26 05:08:31 UTC 2010

Scott Beamer wrote:
> Siddhesh Poyarekar spake thusly:
>
>> On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 6:40 AM, Scott Beamer
>> <geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com> wrote:
>>> If your not otherwise using sqlite you can grab Firefox 3.6 from
>>> Rawhide. I'm running it now.
>>>
>>>        yum --enablerepo=rawhide update firefox
>>>
>>> You'll get an update for firefox, xulrunner and sqlite.
>>>

>> Don't do it if you need to print web pages. There's an unfixed bug in
>> the rawhide which causes firefox to crash whenever you try to print a
>> web page.
>
> I have no idea when I last printed a web page. Other than a long long
> long time ago.

I guess you don't do much in the way of online transactions where receipts,
invoices, rebate forms, confirmations, etc. are on web pages that may need
to be printed.  For most of the "We suggest you print a copy for your
records" stuff, I just use "print to file" rather than to paper, but the
"Send a copy of this form, a copy of your receipt or invoice, and the
original UPC label ..." items have to go to the printer.  If printing
from web pages didn't work, I'd be switching to a different browser or
a different OS real quick.

                 Do NOT delete it.