NVIDIA: no sound to TV via HDMI

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 06:54:04 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
> Marcel Rieux wrote:

>>> There is *more* than one model of Asus 9400GT card.
>>>

>> Really. What are they?
>>
> EN9400GT D3/HTP/512M
> EN9400GT SILENT/DI/512MD2
> EN9400GT SILENT/DI/512MD2/V2
> EN9400GT/DI/1GD2(LP)
> EN9400GT/DI/512MD2(LP)
> EN9400GT/HTP/512M

It's all the same card. One is low profile, another not (This is just
how the components are laid out on the card The LP is longer, the
other is higher). One come with s/pdif wire, another with HDMI cable
and DVI adapter. One has 512 MB RAM, the other 1G. Etc.

Ok, so now that you know that mine is a EN9400GT/DI/1GD2(LP), what
difference does it make?

>> You've been very helpful in the past Ed but, as I said, unless you see
>> a very precise solution, maybe it's time for you to take a little rest
>> away from this problem.
>>
> OK....  Unless I know exactly how to help you without asking any
> questions I will stop to help you with any of your problems.

As you wish.