NVIDIA: no sound to TV via HDMI

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Jan 26 06:58:34 UTC 2010

Marcel Rieux wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
>
>> Marcel Rieux wrote:

>>> Really. What are they?
>>>

>> EN9400GT D3/HTP/512M
>> EN9400GT SILENT/DI/512MD2
>> EN9400GT SILENT/DI/512MD2/V2
>> EN9400GT/DI/1GD2(LP)
>> EN9400GT/DI/512MD2(LP)
>> EN9400GT/HTP/512M
>>

> It's all the same card. One is low profile, another not (This is just
> how the components are laid out on the card The LP is longer, the
> other is higher). One come with s/pdif wire, another with HDMI cable
> and DVI adapter. One has 512 MB RAM, the other 1G. Etc.
>
> Ok, so now that you know that mine is a EN9400GT/DI/1GD2(LP), what
> difference does it make?

Some do not support HDMI.

When doing research I prefer to deal with precise information.  You want
a "very precise solution" yet you don't think it important to provide
"very precise information".

>>> You've been very helpful in the past Ed but, as I said, unless you see
>>> a very precise solution, maybe it's time for you to take a little rest
>>> away from this problem.
>>>

>> OK....  Unless I know exactly how to help you without asking any
>> questions I will stop to help you with any of your problems.
>>

> As you wish.

And it will be a lot more fun to watch....  :-)

--
Manly's Maxim: Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong
conclusion with confidence.