NVIDIA: no sound to TV via HDMI

Mikkel mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Tue Jan 26 16:49:44 UTC 2010

On 01/25/2010 09:27 PM, Marcel Rieux wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 7:07 PM, Mikkel <mikkel at infinity-ltd.com> wrote:
>
>> PA supports both analog and digital output, but you have to select
>> the one you want.
>
> As I said, when I select digital output, there is no output
> whatsoever, computer or tv. Is an additional driver needed?
No - you do not need another driver. But you do need the proper
connection between the motherboard and the video card. Making the
wrong connection can damage the video card, or the motherboard.

On the motherboards I have seen with the SPDIF connector, the
connector has been a 3 pin connector. [+5 SPDIF_OUT Ground]. The
video card usually has 2 pins. (SPDIF_IN and Ground, if I remember
correctly.) There will also be some 4 pin audio connectors, but
theres are normally analog in/out connectors. Are you sure you are
using the corrector on the motherboard?

Mikkel