Clamav has no init process

aragonx at dcsnow.com aragonx at dcsnow.com
Tue Jan 26 17:06:56 UTC 2010

> On 26/01/10 14:45, aragonx at dcsnow.com wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have newly installed Fedora 12 and am trying to get clamd running.
>> Here
>> is the packages I have installed:
>>

> http://github.com/csmart/naa/blob/master/configure-clamd.sh

Well, this script looks like it is exactly what I need.  I ran it and got:

./configure-clamd.sh

You appear to be running Fedora release 12 (Constantine), excellent.

Configuring clamd to run as user 'clamav' on port '3310'.

If you do NOT want to proceed, hit CTRL+C within 5 seconds...
5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1..
OK then, proceeding..

Checking for required packages..
Required packages already installed.

Checking for clamav user, 'clamav'..
User already exists, not creating.

Configuring clamd to do all the right things..
Could not find required template files under
/usr/share/doc/clamav-server-sysvinit
0.95.3/, sorry.

Instance of clamd for user 'clamav' NOT created successfully.
Exiting.

I'm not sure why that is.  Here is a list of the files in the package I
think it's talking about:

rpm -ql clamav-server-sysvinit-0.95.3-1200.fc12.noarch
/etc/rc.d/init.d/clamd-wrapper

---
Will Y.