pm-utils failed in 3 fedora version in my laptop

Ramesh.R ramesh.kvp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 18:59:22 UTC 2010

Hi Nicholas Yau,

For hibernation/sleep/standby, the system' internal storage disk will save
the OS image of the running OS condition as it is, with the current opening
and running applications and its internal states.

By seems the Error code

         "PM: Resume from disk failed"

In your case, software resume is getting failed.

Could you please inform me,

1. Does the previous kernel, which you used in your laptop was working fine
during sleep/wake-up?

2. Since in kernel 2.6.31 to 2.6.33 they have been updated some part of
power management code, but am sure which is not related with your failing
case.

3. If the #1 is working and *ok* for your case, then the case is might be
other than the laptop power management in Hardware level.

We can figure-out this at first. Could you please come up with some inputs
on this.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Ramesh Ramasamy