radeon driver heading in wrong direction :-(.

Brian Mury brianmury at alumni.uvic.ca
Wed Jan 27 01:03:42 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 18:58 +0000, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> Since you don't mind using closed-source drivers... :-) If the graphics card
> in your machine is not integrated (ie. is replaceable), my advice is to go buy
> an nVidia card. They at least provide nonzero support for contemporary Linux.
> And if it is integrated, next time you go buy a motherboard/laptop --- do
> choose carefully... ;-)

My radeon used to work perfectly. It has been badly broken by the last
few Fedora releases. It seems to get worse with each release. It would
seem that even choosing carefully is not enough when what works today
may not work tomorrow. Perhaps I should "carefully choose" a new
graphics card for every Fedora release! :-/

Brian