radeon driver heading in wrong direction :-(.

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Wed Jan 27 02:56:14 UTC 2010

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 19:02:46 -0600
Dale Dellutri wrote:

> Note that I worked around my bug by adding "nomodeset" to the kernel boot
> line.

Nope. If I turn off modesetting, it has even bigger problems. I seem
to recall I couldn't even get X to start the last time I tried it.
The default setting seem to work better than any others, but
the default now crashes 5 or 6 times during the day (was only
about once a week before updates).

What I really would like is to be able to convince the vesa
driver to do 1920x1200 resolution, and just use a nice stable
non-accelerated non-3d driver until the fancy drivers catch
up, but I don't think anyone is interested in developing drivers
that are stable, but can't make windows shake like jello :-).