FC12 -- running gnome-applet-sensors

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Jan 27 13:39:08 UTC 2010

On 01/26/2010 06:03 PM, Mikkel wrote:
> On 01/26/2010 01:22 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> How can I control how this applet displays?
>>
>> I had to add it to the panel, as I could not figure out any other way to
>> get it to display.  And there are 10 separate tempurature displays....
>>
>> I would really like some dropdown to let me look at each sensor.
>>

> You can configure what sensors are displayed, if that will help.
> Right click on the applet, pick preferences. The sensor tab lists
> the various sensor data sources. If you open a source, you can pick
> what sensors from that source are displayed. You probably do not
> need all 10 sensors...

But which ones DO you want?  The hotest?  A friend thinks my heatsink is
not sitting properly and I will need to open up the unit and put in
fresh 'grease'.

What I really want is a setting that says when the temp gets close to
shutdown, suspend instead.   I am tired of my system just violently
powering off....