F12 nouveau problem?

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Fri Jan 29 08:59:36 UTC 2010

Dear community,

having a *little* problem with nouveau and NVIDIA FX5200 (princeton
display, 1280x1024): Under F12, it works OK - but when rebooting to
WinXP, the screen is not centered, but shifted a little bit to the left
(a small black vertical bar remains rightside). After auto tuning the
display in WinXP, and after  rebooting to F12, there is the inverse
effect (small black vertical bar on the left side).

By running my screen with kmod-nvidia-173xx from rpmfusion, I get rid
from these problems.

Any hints?

Kind regards

--