Between F11 and F12, which would you choose?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 10:29:55 UTC 2010

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 01:17:15 -0700, reg wrote:

> I have a half dozen machines updated to F11, and one to F12.
> Im wondering if I should update the F11s to F12 or leave well enough alone.
>
> I realize that the F11 distribution has reached a 'stable' status, and
> the F12 distribution will probably take a couple more months to reach
> that status, but would be interested in hearing what other users have
> to say about the pair.

F11.  But you need to consider your specific requirements (if any).

For GNOME desktop usage, F12 is less stable here. There seem to be
problems in nautilus/gnome-panel/dbus, for example, as sometimes there
are crashes which make the desktop icons disappear.
http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/nautilus is flooded with ABRT generated
tickets, which is evidence of how many people are affected by such issues.