Fedora 12 Installation problem

Joe Woodruff jwoody at rogers.com
Sat Jan 30 18:50:53 UTC 2010

Hi folks,
I've been trying to install Fedora 12 on a Dell Latitude C600, (Pentium III
750/600 MHz; 256 MB RAM; 250 KB Level 2 Cache; 8 MB Video Memory; ATI M3
Video Controller)
Downloaded iso files from Fedora Project, Verified integrity with
sha256sum.exe, burned to 5 CD's. Disc's 1 & 3 failed Linux test at
installation. Burned Disk 1 twice more and still fails.
Went ahead with installation. Chose to Use all of the 20 B hard disk. Would
not install via graphical. Finished after Disk 1.
After re-starting computer and logging into root, only get CLI operability
and can't seem to get a GUI.
I'm new to linux - just thought I'd put this laptop to use to familiarize
myself with it.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Joe Woodruff