help, (Fedora 8 is no longer supported)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Jan 31 09:27:05 UTC 2010

Kevin Martin wrote:
> perhaps his system won't allow him to run anything later than FC8.
> Perhaps his system is running an Intel Video chipset that won't come up
> with the stupid new Intel video drivers and Xorg (I know from experience
> as I have a system that is in that exact state and no amount of google
> searching has been able to offer a solution (and I'm talking hours and
> days of searching)).

When have you last tested it? F12? Try the F13 nightly composes (or F13
Alpha when it's out) maybe?

Have you tried the usual debugging parameters like "nomodeset"?

> Essentially, my point being that answering that FC8 is no longer
> supported doesn't address the problem.  Granted, the original subject
> line was lacking but telling somebody to update to later Fedora versions
> is not an answer that can be achieved in some cases.

It's the only answer that makes sense. Running F8 now (or any other no
longer supported release) is asking for your machine to get rooted by some
cracker.

        Kevin Kofler