Thunderbird & Okular question

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jan 31 15:09:39 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-01-31 at 12:30 +0100, DB wrote:
> In Thunderbird, I have set my default for pdf attachments to Okular.
> Everytime I try to open a pdf attachment, I get a dialog asking me if
> I want to save the attachment.  When I save it, I then have to go to
> the downloaded file & open it with Okular.
>
> Have I missed something in my preferences?

Probably not.  You're probably being sent the attachment with an
incorrect MIME type describing it as "just some kind of binary file,
that I can't be stuffed to identify it properly."

  i.e. application/octet-stream

As done by many broken mail clients and broken operating systems.

Try sending yourself a PDF file, and it'll probably work properly, as
your system will probably identify it correctly when it attaches the
file to the outgoing message.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686