NVIDIA: no sound to TV via HDMI

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 20:01:03 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-01-30 at 17:01 -0500, Marcel Rieux wrote:
>> What's the way to know polarity is correct, except trying both
>> positions?
>
> Looking for pinout descriptions in your equipment manuals

There's only a small rectangle with S/PIF beside it.

 > or legends
> printed on/near connectors.

I could recheck, but I doubt there's any.

>  Otherwise it's a case of using polarised
> plugs, which can only fit in one way.

A 4 hole plug is used for 2 pins, so you can imagine that there's no
polarity indication for sure :( The only measure taken is that one
hole is obstructed so that only the 2 holes where the 2 wires end up
can be used. But they can be used one way or another.