Flash videos not playing in Fedora 11 firefox browser

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 00:45:33 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 15:39 -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> > Zip is used for some Linux stuff, besides which the OP says
> > he extracted
> > a .so file, so it is for Linux.
>
> As far as I've found Adobe doesn't distribute Flash for Linux in .zip.
> Check the link I gave.  (The other OSes don't list endings, and I have
> no desire to download them all to check.)  Either the OP got a
> repackaged file from someone other than the real Adobe or it's for
> another OS that uses .so endings or something else?

Whatever. I was just answering the "no zip on Linux" point. Also, .so
files are used on several Unix-like systems
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executable_and_Linkable_Format) so
strictly speaking it doesn't mean he had a Linux version. However it's
pretty clear it wasn't Windows version as was suggested.

poc