Printing problem on FC13

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Thu Jul 1 12:10:39 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 22:24 -0400, Alex wrote:
> There is a choice of a number of print drivers, and I've tried a few
> of them, including ljet4, hl1250, and a ghostscript driver, and they
> all do the same thing.

It sounds like all the ones you've tried are 'Foomatic'-based drivers.

How about if you try this one?:
Brother HL-5070N - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.5 Simplified

(it comes from the 'gutenprint-cups' package, which you might not have
installed.)

Alternatively, the foomatic-db-ppds package provides a PPD from Brother
for this printer, but I've just spotted that it is confusingly filed
under model 'HL-5070N BR-Script3' (I'll fix that for a future
system-config-printer version).

Tim.
*/