preupgrade isn't efficient

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 13:59:40 UTC 2010

On 01/07/10 11:21, Martín Marqués wrote:
> I'm doing a preupgrade from F12 to F13. yesterday I stopped preupgrade
> and started it again today. For my surprise preupgrade restarted
> downloading the installation images, which, with my slow connection,
> makes me loose more then 1/2 an hour only downloading the images.

With a slow connection, Preupgrade may not be right for you.
Can you not get a magazine with a DVD/purchase a dvd from an online seller?
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/OnlineVendors
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/LocalVendors

or being a bit trickier (to some) use yum update:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq

> The question is, why does it download the installation images each
> time I start preupgrade again?

Check bugzilla.redhat.org for bugs?
Maybe file an rfe?

--