changing default "movie player?"

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Jul 4 01:14:52 UTC 2010

On 03/07/10 21:05, Rikke D. Giles wrote:
> On 07/03/2010 05:58:17 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>
>>      Where is the default movie player set?
>>

> In gnome it's on the multimedia tab under system ->  preferences ->
> preferred applications.  No idea where it is with KDE.
>
> Rikke

    I changed it there to no avail. I still have to save clips to play
    them with VLC which works without a fuss. I don't need it often but
    when I do I don't want to jump through hoops ... I normally use XFCE
    but switched back to Gnome to make that change. It hasn't worked.

    I am running F-13 if that makes a difference.

    Bob