Linux Games for Kids

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at ckloiber.com
Mon Jul 5 09:35:44 UTC 2010

On 07/05/2010 05:12 AM, birger wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-07-04 at 05:53 -0400, Chris Kloiber wrote:
>> On 07/02/2010 01:08 AM, birger wrote:
>> Ok. Steering Wheel w/linux support?
>>
>> Do tell!
>
> Uhmm? Should that be a problem?
>
> Seriously, I am amazed at the amount of peripherals that just work with
> Fedora 13. I use a Logitech steering wheel without any problems. My
> no-brand 3-axis+tophat USB joystick works just fine. I have not tried
> the Xbox gamepads with linux yet, but since they work fine with Windows
> I just expect them to work on Linux as well.

Should it be a problem? No. Have I tried a joystick since Red Hat 7.x...
No. Did it work then... Not for me.

I'm interested for my 4 year old and my 2 year old. Driving with the
arrow keys sucks. I'm hoping for an inexpensive wheel I can sacrifice
(they're hard on toys) to my kids that is known to work.

Doesn't seem that amazing to me.

--
Chris Kloiber