Bug in mailing lists; unfriendly to non-subscribers

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Jul 5 20:20:22 UTC 2010

On 07/06/2010 01:22 AM, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 5:54 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
>
>> On 07/05/2010 07:57 PM, Felipe Contreras wrote:
>>
>>> I took a considerable amount of time writing that email, it's not nice
>>> for non-subscriber mails to just be dropped like that. Please, make
>>> Fedora mailing list friendly to outsiders.
>>>

>> Check your sent folder.  Your masterpiece should be there.
>>
> You are ignoring the problem; I already lost time waiting, and I'm
> sure other people have in the past.

Yes.  I ignore minor irritations in life.  Especially the ones I have no
control over.

>> Then
>> subscribe and resend.  That effort will always be much quicker than
>> waiting for an overworked moderator...or one who may be sleeping...to
>> approve you message.
>>
> Quicker to get it done, but not quicker to do.

You certainly would have had your answer by now.  I think you've now
wasted time/effort on an extremely simple irritation (to you) that isn't
going to change.

--
OKAY!! Turn on the sound ONLY for TRYNEL CARPETING FULLY-EQUIPPED R.V.'S
and FLOTATION SYSTEMS!! 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段