Help me troubleshoot this problem

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Mon Jul 5 21:14:15 UTC 2010

On 07/05/2010 01:27:01 PM, awrobinson-ml at nc.rr.com wrote:
> I am trying to install Fedora on a PC I built. I had Windows XP
> running on it for more than a year without any apparent problems. I
> put a new hard drive in the box and tried Fedora 13 and now Fedora
> 12.
[snip]

Andrew, you have not provided nearly enough info.

First, stick with Fedora 13. That's what most of us will be using.

First, what harware are you running? MB, CPU, GPU, memory (how much) in
particular.

Second, what HD are you using?

Third, where did you get your Fedora? D/L, DVD, ...

You might wish to try Memtest86+ (http://www.memtest.org)
and the DVD validator that came with the dvd, if that's the case. You
might also want to try the mfg's disk diagnostics as well. Start from
scratch.

You're getting a kernel panic, so it's likely that there's something in
your hardware that is inappropiate for the kernel that was installed.

Good luck.