Bug in mailing lists; unfriendly to non-subscribers

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Tue Jul 6 02:54:19 UTC 2010

Ed Greshko wrote:
> I think the suggestion was more to eliminate it as well as any
> redirection since enough time has elapsed since the move to
> fedoraproject.org.  So, kill the alias as well as it has outlived
> its usefulness.

I don't think that's likely to happen.  At the least, it's not
something any individual list owners can do as it requires the folks
with access to the redhat.com mailman instance.

I don't think the downside of having the alias from the old list
outweighs the benefits.  And, we may be able to mitigate the downside
with some smarts on the lists.fedoraproject.org side as well.  It's
just not been enough of a problem to warrant spending a lot of time to
look at, for me anyway.

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no
pleasure worth foregoing just for an extra three years in the
geriatric ward.
    -- John Mortimer