Firefox crashing when accessing an SSL-secured web site

Felix Schwarz felix.schwarz at oss.schwarz.eu
Tue Jul 6 17:39:17 UTC 2010

Am 06.07.2010 16:11, schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:
>> since two days I have the problem that I can not use Firefox
>> (3.6.4-1.fc13.x86_64) anymore as it will crash as soon as I visit any
>> SSL-secured web site [1]. I'm NOT using any non-free plugins like Adobe
>> Flash.
>
> Free plugins can also be buggy. Always run FF in safe mode before
> deciding that plugins are not at fault.

sorry, maybe I was not clear enough when I wrote: "I even reinstalled
firefox and created a new system user to check if this was dependend on
my profile but it was not."

So yes, I started Firefox with 'firefox -safe-mode' and the browser
still crashes. Using the safe mode basically rules out plugins as a
source of my problems, right?

fs