fedora 13 so many bugs

john wendel jwendel10 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 7 01:59:50 UTC 2010

On 07/06/2010 01:29 PM, mike cloaked wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 9:18 PM, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak
> <mjc at avtechpulse.com>  wrote:
>> On 07/06/2010 04:08 PM, solarflow99 wrote:
>>> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Stephen Gallagher<sgallagh at redhat.com>    wrote:
>>> some of the problems I had are known (repo problems, etc.) but at
>>> other times, anaconda would abort at different points during the
>>> install, i'm going to have to try with F-12 and see if its any better.
>>
>> Did you try installing from a live CD instead? Often that works better
>> than using a classic install CD.
>
> An awful lot of people have installed F13 perfectly successfully -
> which hardware and what method did you use to install?

I've done two installs using the X86 lxde live cd and both got an error
while reading the install cd (and claimed it must be corrupt). One box
is an Athlon X2 Dell system and the other is a homebuild Athlon XP (very
old). The cd checks fine. The 2nd try worked fine in both cases. And the
installed systems work great.

Strange?

Regards,

John