Bug in mailing lists; unfriendly to non-subscribers

Darr darr at core.com
Wed Jul 7 17:16:23 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, 07 July, 2010 @ 10:19 zulu, Felipe Contreras scribed:

> Wrong; that spam mail is totally unrelated.
>
> Say moderation was enabled, and I was made moderator *today*. Would
> any extra spam reach your inbox? No.
>
> *I* (the moderator) would have to approve it first. If I'm bad at my
> job I would not be processing mails very fast, but approving spam is
> something no sober normal human would do (only perhaps in vary rare
> occasions).

Cleverly-crafted spam can be difficult to discern sometimes.

Suppose a non-subscriber wanting to drive traffic to their site
posts a link to it and claims they're having a hard time
reaching it while using some browser in fedora...

Should the moderator try that in multiple browsers to see if there
is really a problem or just pass the message on to the list?