Help me troubleshoot this problem

Darr darr at core.com
Wed Jul 7 17:47:41 UTC 2010

>> Question showing my ignorance of what acpi is. If pci=noacpi works
>> or does not work, what clues is that giving me?
>>

> I didn't respond earlier because we've reached my level of ignorance
> too.

ACPI is the successor/combination of plug & play, advanced
power management, et al...

If you have disabled ACPI and it did not make a difference, I
would say the clue it's giving you is ACPI is not causing the error.

APIC, on the other hand, has to do with interrupt timing. Do you
see any options in your BIOS for enabling/disabling/changing
APIC's slices or timing?

Are you overclocking your RAM or CPU[s]?