Method to upgrade from live install to DVD install package setup?

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Thu Jul 8 09:33:08 UTC 2010

On 8 Jul 2010 at 11:02, fedora wrote:

Date sent:	Thu, 08 Jul 2010 11:02:07 +0200
From:	fedora <fedora at ayni.com>
To:	users at lists.fedoraproject.org
Subject:	Re: Method to upgrade from live install to DVD install package setup?
Send reply to:	Community support for Fedora users <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
	<mailto:users-request at lists.fedoraproject.org?subject=subscribe>

> Can't you do a diff between the yum logs or anaconca.logs of both
> installations and
>
> yum install `cat /positive.diff`
> yum remove `cat /nevative.diff`
>
> suomi

I generally do something like that when I am at the College, but at the
moment, I am in the states for the summer, and only have one machine to
work on.

I am guessing that a lot of people might install from the CD image versus the
DVD since that is the default download but then want to get more complete
install without having to go thru the individual process of selecting each
package, and without knowing all the packages it is a hit or miss.

Thanks for the reply.