Problems when creating Live-boot usb stick

Abu Attar Musharih abuattar.musharih at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 12:38:25 UTC 2010

Hi,

I made a live bootable  Fedora-13 on Buffalo 8G  usb stick  using Linux command

> dd if=Fedora-13-i686-Live.iso of=/dev/sdb1

It was successful apart from no longer able to copy any file on  it.
The live Fedora only occupied 700M while the media is 8G.

I got the following message when trying to copy  a file on it, even if
with the root privilege.

>  cp mag01.doc /media/Fedora-13-i686-Live/
cp: cannot create regular file `/media/Fedora-13-i686-Live/mag01.doc':
Read-only file system

I removed any existing partition using /sbin/fdisk and  reformatted
with  command line

/sbin/mkfs.ext3 /dev/sdb

What I have now   is a single partition with only 6.8 Gb free space.

The question, how can I recover  the original volume amount, 8G. If
this is related to the file systems (ext3), which one should I choose
so the volume get back to the original.

Thanks for any kind of response.

AA