boot messages : say it ain't so

BeartoothHOS beartooth at comcast.net
Fri Jul 9 20:58:07 UTC 2010

	Several machines have been showing lines like these :

                Press 'I' to enter interactive startup.
Starting udev: udevd[405]: BUS= will be removed in a future udev version,
please use SUBSYSTEM= to match the event device, or SUBSYSTEMS= to match
a parent device, in /etc/udev/rules.d/85-pcscd_egate.rules:3

udevd[405]: SYSFS{}= will be removed in a future udev version, please use
ATTR{}= to match the event device, or ATTRS{}= to match a parent device,
in /etc/udev/rules.d/85-pcscd_egate.rules:3

udevd[405]: BUS= will be removed in a future udev version, please use
SUBSYSTEM= to match the event device, or SUBSYSTEMS= to match a parent
device, in /etc/udev/rules.d/85-pcscd_egate.rules:5

	[etc., etc.]

	All of that is utterly opaque to me -- so impenetrable, indeed,
that it bodes to presage another learning curve like '98 - '00, when I
had just retired.

	But now I no longer have the strength nor the stamina to get
through that again. Are all we subtechnoids about to be driven forth into
the wilderness??