Problems when creating Live-boot usb stick

Abu Attar Musharih abuattar.musharih at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 02:22:26 UTC 2010

> Back to my main subject,  I tried  "livecd-iso-to-disk" for creating a
> live-boot stick.
> It did not work on my FC7, a couple of packages are missing
> (checkisomd5 and udevadm).

Can anyone let me know which package to download so the  two commands
available?
I searched the reps of FC7 and did not find any clue. It is good to
have the persistent overlay setting.

> dd if=Fedora-13-i686-Live.iso of=/dev/sdb1
> 1382400+0 records in
> 1382400+0 records out
> 707788800 bytes (708 MB) copied, 589.826 s, 1.2 MB/s

> Last step,  just need to "chown" the mount point for the media to be  writeable.
>
> root> chown username /media/disk/

As shown above, the live-boot-stick is in the first partition which I
can not make any change
as it is created by the dd command.  I am curious how to change  the
read only file system to be writeable.
Thanks for any  the response.

AA