Reply-To munging summary (was: Bug in mailing lists; unfriendly to non-subscribers)

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 09:37:56 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 13:29 +0300, Felipe Contreras wrote:
>> Also, people that are used to Reply-To munging can get used to
>> clicking "reply to all"; it's a matter of habit, but no functionality
>> is lost.
>
> Why does no-one ever mention "Reply To List" as the proper way to, duh,
> reply to the list?

Reply to list also prevents the advantages I listed as 1) and 2).

And as people already mentioned; not all mail clients support that.
For the behavior of the mailing list in general we should consider
only what virtually everybody uses: "reply" and "reply to all".

--
Felipe Contreras