kickstart problems with f13

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 18:36:15 UTC 2010

I have a heavily customised installation (lots of locally built rpms)
that i'm trying to install from kickstart and nfs. If I use a netinst
cdrom and pass the nfs location of the kickstart file without using
dhcp then this all works well. But If I use pxe/dhcp/tftp instead, it
gives me the "retrieving installation repo" message and then complains
about missing packages and installation groups.

If I switch the VT2 I can see that on the working installation I have
the remote nfs directory mounted on /mnt/source. However on the PXE
installation, this directory is mounted on /mnt/isodir and /dev/loop1
is mounted on /mnt/source.  This latter contains a completely
different set of packages. This is completely repeatable - if I
comment out the dhcpd.conf entry and restart dhcpd everything works.
If I leave it in (even when booting from the cdrom) then it always
fails

I'm seeing this from a vmware client, but I also see the PXE error
from a real laptop.

How do I stop this happening?

I don't have a any repo= lines in the ks.cfg or on the kernel command
line. The ks.cfg has the following to specify the installation media:

nfs --server 192.168.6.7 --dir /data/distros/f13/cdrom

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Chris