Thunderbird sounds -

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 10 19:02:36 UTC 2010

Bob Goodwin wrote:
<snip>

>     Well, it's not a necessity, I can do without it, just thought there
>     might be something out there that I missed.

hello bob,

lets see. what is name of that site where you can find things?

oh, yeah, google.

where entering;

  thunderbird add-on "play-sound"

yields 100 hits;

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=thunderbird+add-on&as_epq=play-sound&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=100&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=images&btnmeta%3Dsearch%3Dlinux=

and #2 is;

  http://www.downv.com/Linux/download-NewMail-Execute-10052894.htm

[ disregard fifth hit. :D ]

while at authors site;

  http://mozext.achimonline.de/

there is a link to;

  http://mozext.achimonline.de/newmailexecute_about.php

which states;

  This extension observes your mail-folders and and runs an executable
  of your choice whenever new messages arrive.

so, if you want to give it a try, you will have to install it yourself. :)

much luck.

hth.

--

peace out.