cannot boot from USB stick using boot.iso

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 03:00:57 UTC 2010

On 10/07/10 10:50 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> I would expect the dd to work fine. Does your bios have a choice of
> booting from usb-cdrom and usb-hd? Have you tried both settings?

Just yesterday I installed Debian from its netinstall image. I just
dd'ed it my USB stick and then booted the computer with the USB stick
plugged in. The computer picked the OS (but there was no other OS on the
computer's hard disk at them, of course). I am expecting the same thing
to happen now as well. In fact, it does, since if I use the Debian USB
stick, I get the computer to boot from that (a "removabel device" is the
first boot device), so the problem lies with the Fedora USB stick somewhere.

> Failing that, how about a medialess install?
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/13/html-single/Installation_Guide/index.html#ap-medialess-install
>
> Or a boot.fedoraproject.org install?
> see: http://boot.fedoraproject.org/download

I have an install from an ISO image saved on the hard disk and using
vmlinux kernel in the past. I have also upgraded Fedora over the
internet in the past. I wanted to try the USB netinstall option now.

ever having been read.