Fedora 13 boot.iso not working with "askmethod"

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 03:57:53 UTC 2010

On 10-07-10 11:34 PM, JD wrote:
>    On 07/10/2010 08:46 PM, H.S. wrote:

>>> I thought you are supposed to type
>>> linux /askmethod/
>>
>> You mean put "askmethod" within the two slashes?
>>
>> I check various options here:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Options
>>
>> and also some examples here:
>> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/13/html/Installation_Guide/s2-x86-starting-bootopts.html
>>
>> none showed the slashes. BTW, "asknetwork" works without slashes.
>>
>> Regards.
>>

> No.
> The slashes were used for emphasis.
> Sorry!!!

Well, discovered a work around. I used the "asknetwork" option just to
try it out (since askmethod was not letting the system proceed to the
questions), selected dhcp auto method and in the next question screen
chose to go "Back" and lo and behold, the screen it gave me asked me to
choose the method of installation and I selected URL. I gave the URL and
the installation is now proceeding.

So it is working, but "askmethod" did not work. Is there a bug?