Fedora 13 boot.iso not working with "askmethod"

H. S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 15:04:27 UTC 2010

On 07/11/2010 01:45 AM, H.S. wrote:

> I have installed Fedora 13 now, the first login and updates are next.

When I wrote that, I was not thinking properly. The beauty of net
install is that the packages are downloaded from the repository and the
most recent ones are installed. So after installation there are no
updates to do!

When I use the "askmethod" option, the installer wants me to enter the
full URL of the Fedora repository. Can it not show me a list of mirrors
(based on my IP perhaps) and let me select one of those? Having to type
in the full URL is quite a hassle, not to mention the fact that a user
may not have access to a browser during that step.

Regards.