Fedora 13 boot.iso not working with "askmethod"

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Sun Jul 11 15:10:55 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-07-10 at 23:37 -0400, H.S. wrote:
> When I boot from a USB Fedora 13 boot disk (using boot.iso from Fedora
> 13), I press TAB on the boot screen and append "askmethod" (without
> quotes) to the kernel options line and boot. But the screen ends up
> black and nothing happens.
>
> If I do not give any options, the boot proceeds and goes through the
> questions and wants me to select a physical device with the installation
> image. Basically, no problems there.
>
> If I use "asknetwork" option, the boot works and asks for network
> configuration.
>
> So, what is the deal with "askmethod"? How do I tell the installer to do
> installation from the internet?

As you discovered in your previous replies, askmethod works just as
expected to, and as your already doing it.  Guess the installer doesn't
100% boot up as suppose to, as I've had to restart it couple times
before as well.  But just appending askmethod as you were doing is more
than enough and the correct way of doing it.  If it doesn't take like it
did with you before, try asknetwork, maybe add another option if you
need it.  I do askmethod all the time too and mostly works like it
suppose to.

Good luck in your install....

--
Mike Chambers