Install Fedora 13 from Hard Drive

H. S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 21:44:11 UTC 2010

On 07/11/2010 03:46 PM, JD wrote:
>    On 07/11/2010 12:03 PM, Henry Wyatt wrote:
>> Need link or instructions on how to install from HDD.

<SNIP>

> I had tried to do "upgrade" so that I would not lose my home dir.

And this is one of the main reasons I always keep my home directory on a
separate partition. During the installation I do not touch that
partition at all  (except for specifying the mount point) and create my
users in the same order as they were created in the original install (to
have the same uid's). The advice to be cautious and have a backup of
home still holds though.