Install Fedora 13 from Hard Drive

JB jurek.bajor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 15:36:39 UTC 2010

Timothy Murphy <gayleard <at> eircom.net> writes:

> JB wrote:
>
> >> Need link or instructions on how to install from HDD.Currently have F13
> >> 86x64
> > but want to install 32 bit instead--
>
> > Hi,
> > Fedora site is your friend:
> > fedoraproject.org
> > then select Docs from left-side menu. then Fedora 13, then Installation
> > Guide, then paragraph 4.7 Preparing for a Hard Drive Installation, etc.
>
> I don't know what "etc" means at the end of this message.
> but the instructions in para 4.7 are far from lucid, in my opinion.
> They don't seem to mention the kernel or initrd files,
> or how to start the installation.
>
> The reader is referred to the anaconda rpm for instructions,
> which seems to me bizarre.

Tim,
it is not bizarre ... (but if you read it, you will realize that the reference
to anaconda is pro forma as a means of installation, with its summary of
installation options only, and so you have to come back to Fedora Installation
Guide to understand the whole installation procedure).
Well, the "etc" meant that one has to read the Fedora Installation Guide to
learn more, that is:
Paragraphs 4.7 -> 6.2 -> 7.5 -> 7.6 .
It is not that bad ... the second reading will get you there !
JB