trying encrypted partition: a "doh!" question

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 00:35:00 UTC 2010

I recently installed Fedora 13 on a dual boot system. This time,
however, I opted to have my /home in Fedora encrypted. Anaconda gave
this option, I selected it and it asked for a password. Now when I boot
into F13, the boot process asks for the password before continuing. So
far so good.

However, when boot in to the other OS (Debian), I can mount Fedora's
/home partition without any problems and without any password. All files
are visible there. What am I missing that F13's /home is not seen as
encrypted from another OS?

Thanks.

ever having been read.