Firefox / Thunderbird setup niggle

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com
Tue Jul 13 20:17:00 UTC 2010

> On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 20:15 +0100, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:
>> To setup Thunderbird 3 to open Firefox for web links, and Firefox to
>> open Thunderbird for email links I have to use the default applications
>> setup provided by Gnome, the KDE one doesn't work. Surely there's got to
>> be an easier way to do this from KDE! I've not found one yet.
>
> Thunderbird and Firefox are GTK apps, not QT ones, so you have to modify
> the Gnome environment and not the KDE one. That's the way it is unless
> someone releases alternate versions.
>
> poc

As I well know, but what happens if a user doesn't have Gnome installed?
How can they change the required settings easily? These can get broken
by updates amongst other things, so IMHO this could be a right nuisance.
Perhaps Fedora advises users to use an internet browser and email client
designed for their preferred GUI then, which IMHO basically sucks.

cpp4ever