Minimum Required RPM Packages for Running Fedora

Chris Spike chris.spike at arcor.de
Wed Jul 14 10:24:21 UTC 2010

Hi,

On 07/14/2010 11:51 AM, siavash ghiasvand wrote:
> 2- How can I reach this minimal system? (As I described above those
> dependencies make it impossible to remove unwanted packages after
> installation and also there is no option to remove unwanted packages
> before installation)

Did you try a kickstart install with '%packages --nobase'? This gets you
189 packages (at least in rawhide).
I don't know (and seriously doubt) that you can go any lower without
substantial efforts (if you do, let me know). But if you find obviously
unnecessary dependencies, it's probably a good idea to file a bug. Maybe
you also want to take a look at http://www.owlriver.com/tips/tiny-centos/

Regards, Chris