yum update failure

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Wed Jul 14 14:40:20 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 06:59 +0100, mike cloaked wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 12:33 AM, Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at pomec.net> wrote:
> > Dear List,
> >
> > I noticed a problem with an update of evolution  on my laptop with
> > 2.6.33.4-95.fc13.i686.PAE.   I thought the problem was with evolution
> > and made an entry on this list.  Kevin Fenzi aptly pointed me in the
> > right direction.
> >
> > I have done the following :
> >
> > yum clean all
> >
> > rm /var/lib/rpm/__db.00*
> >
> > rpm --rebuilddb
> >
> > When I try to update an rpm yum is not pulling the recent rpm's from the
> > repository.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Stale mirror perhaps?
> --
> mike c
---------

Mike,

Thanks for your suggestion!!!

I thought perhaps it was a bad mirror as well.  To test this I removed
the comment marker from baseurl and then commented out the mirrorlist.
After doing a yum clean all, this change did not result in a remedy.

baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/debug/
#mirrorlist=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-debug-$releasever&arch=$basearch

Greg